Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dear Jesus, Please Help Hide My Sins

I know it has been a long time since I have spoken with you, but this is me, Fake_Jim Steets from Indian Point. Fake Rob Williams said that you and he have been talking, and that it might do some good if I were to send my own prayers in your direction. It's funny, I thought he was a comedian for the longest time, and wondered how Entergy had whisked him away from Hollywood to take a job at Vermont Yankee...still have not asked him if he is related to THE Robin Williams.

Not sure how this whole blog prayer thing works, so thought I would start off with something simple, and wait for you to answer me. I have bad knees, so hope it is OK with you if I type this sitting in my chair here at the Indian Point Energy Center.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change:

Like leaking spent fuel pools
and non functioning emergency sirens;

Courage to change the things I can;
Like public perception through propaganda:
and wisdom to know the difference
with my GPA a tough one;

Living one day at a time;
Tough working at Indian Point;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
But does the License Renewal have to be so damn hard?

Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
(does that include Anti-Nuclear Hillbillies?)

Trusting that Patrick Moore will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with him
Forever in the next.

Amen

Oh...one more thing, any chance you could smite down some of Entergy's enemies with a bolt of lightening? I could write you a list in my next prayer.

"There are no winners in a nuclear holocaust except maybe a guy with two heads saying, 'Did we win?', 'Yeah, We won.'"
- Robin Williams, Live from San Francisco

2 comments:

Fake-Rob Williams said...

Go Fake-Jim!

I have notified some local press and blogs and will put a prayer about this on my own prayer blog.

Fake-Rob

Unknown said...

Jesus doesn't want to hide your sins. He wants to forgive them. Which means to erase them. If you are sorry for your sins, then humble yourself, don't believe you are the one who can save yourself, don't believe that death is the end but the beginning, and find yourself a bible believing church, and let the lord redeem you.