Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dear Lord, Please Let Our License Control Transfer Go Through

God

Everyone tells me to trust in the Lord My God, but I have to tell you God; sometimes you scare the hell out of everyone at Entergy. I know you don't give us any more than we can handle, but I have to tell you, that lately you have been testing my resolve.

Fleet wide, everyone at Entergy is giving their all to keep safety violations and financial irregularities hidden (decommissioning fund shortfalls) , yet somehow in each perilous turn in the road to spinning our reactors off into a new company, you seem to be testing us, testing our faith in you, and in Patrick Moore.

Rob up in Vermont has his hands full with that whole Cooling Tower collapse, and what seemed like a cake walk to License Renewal for Vermont Yankee is now anything but a sure thing. How can I ask him to help me put out fires down here, help me in calming the uncleansed natives when even the Governor of Vermont is turning on him up there. You already know how many times Rob spoke to you about keeping that cooling tower in one piece until AFTER the new superseding license was granted.

I have my own issues though. Every time I turn around that damn Gary Clary is on the phone with some new question about problems at the plant, or with our non working Emergency Siren system...he needs to understand that Emergency Siren will work when we are good and God Damned ready to make it work, and that the system is not high on our priority system right now.

I am sorry, should not have used your name in vain. Must be Holy Mary time?

Did you know we still get calls on the Transformer Explosion from early this spring? Silly me, of course you do. Luckily we were able to chalk those mysterious drops in containment water pressure off to blocked intakes, so thank you for that. Could you maybe help us in keeping nosy heathens from snooping around and making inquiries into our reactor domes. David Besse aside, this is not the time for us to have to due a full insulation removed inspection of those. We already are going to have problems with our application and EIS because people picked up on our claim there are no refurbishment issues that needed to be considered in our Environmental Report. I can tell you, my bosses were not happy that someone found out we already have reactor vessel heads on order.

Anyway, forgive me God for the things that I say which are not true. Forgive me for not telling reporters about serious safety issues that they don't specifically ask me about, but that's what Entergy pays me to do. Forgive me for those cancer deaths from our daily operation, but you already know that operating a nuclear reactor means there will be some collateral damage, just like in Iraq. It's the price the public pays for us doing business. Also, thank you Lord for not letting Yucca Mountain become a major part of tonight's Democratic Debate.

Amen
Oh by the way God, do you think you could help out with my car loan, I am really wanting that new Hummer.

No comments: